Apple is famous for its reliability and good quality. In many countries, even apple devices are considered a luxury. Apple makes many devices such as phones, laptops, and watches. Apple watches are one of the most popular wearable devices available in the market and have drawn a lot of attention from gadget lovers worldwide. But like every other smart device, even Apple watches need to be connected to the internet to perform their various functions.
How can I Connect my Apple Watch to the Internet?
There are two ways to Connect your Apple Watch to the internet: through your iPhone or a Wi-Fi network. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to connect your Apple Watch to the internet.
1) How to Connect Your Apple Watch via iPhone
You just need your iPhone and Apple watch to enjoy the craziness of the “apple ecosystem”. To connect your Apple watch to your iPhone, first, Make sure that both devices are turned on and within range of each other—the Apple Watch needs to be close enough to your iPhone in order for the connection to work properly. This is because the devices connect through Bluetooth. Now, follow the following steps:
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. If it’s not, tap the turn-on button to turn it on.
- Search for your Apple Watch in the list of “available devices” and tap on its name when it appears.
- You should see a message on your iPhone that says “Connected.”
Congrats! Now, your Apple Watch is connected to the internet via your iPhone. You may also like Why is my Aussie broadband not working?
2) How to Connect Your Apple Watch via Wi-Fi Network
If you don’t have your iPhone with you or are trying to save the battery life of your phone, you can also connect your Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network. The process for connecting your watch to a Wi-Fi network is similar to the process for connecting it to your iPhone; just follow these steps:
- On your watch, open the Settings app.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on; if it’s not, tap the toggle switch next to “Wi-Fi” so that it turns green and says “On.”
- Look for a list of available Wi-Fi networks and choose one by tapping on its name; you may be prompted to enter a password if the network is secure.
If you’re not sure which network to choose, ask a staff member or look for signs posted near the entrance of the building or around campus. Once you’ve selected a Wi-Fi network, you should see a checkmark next to its name when you return to the “Wi-Fi” page in Settings; this means you’re successfully connected.
If you don’t see a checkmark next to any of the networks in range, try moving closer to them until one appears.
How do I know if my Apple Watch is connected to the internet?
If your watch is connected to the internet, you should see a small cellular or Wi-Fi icon at the top of the screen, next to the time. If you don’t see this icon, your watch is not connected to the internet.
Now that you know how easy it is to connect your Apple Watch via iPhone and through a Wi-Fi network, there’s no excuse not to stay connected even when you leave your phone at home!